Today all three Pulp Literature editors were treated to an advance presentation by local author and photographer, Sandra Vander Schaaf. “The Art of Seeing” ties together Sandra’s love of tango, stories and visual arts. Some topical teasers:
- Why an invitation to dance is like an invitation to story.
- How the composition of a photo is like the details of your setting, and why you notice what you do.
- How the unexpected is the key to story.
- How to capture and describe emotions in the flesh.
- How to become invisible as an author, and why that’s important.
Sandra packed a lot into 90 minutes, and we encourage everyone to attend Sandra’s workshop next weekend at the Surrey International Writers’ Conference. You won’t want to miss is it!
In related fabulous news Sandra will also be giving her workshop at our Bowen Island Writer’s Retreat in January 2015, available through our Kickstarter rewards!