Issue 1, Winter 2014 (digital)
Rare first issue with fiction by CC Humphreys, JM Landels, Mel Anastasiou, Susan Pieters, SL Nickerson, Tyner Gillies, Beverley Boissery, and more!
In our first issue of Pulp Literature Magazine:
- Where the Angels Wait, a haunting contemporary short story by CC Humphreys
“I was immediately enchanted by the flow of words, the beautiful pictures painted and the emotions evoked by the writing. The story struck close to my heart.“ – Erin Ensor
- Stella Ryman and the Third Option, a novella by Mel Anastasiou
“Stella Ryman is my new hero! I love the way the very observant author has woven dementia and lucidity and humour together. “ – SL
- Poetry by Beverly Boissery
- Post-apocalyptic imaginings with classic Canadian tone in Only the Loons Know, by SL Nickerson
- A touch of swordplay and slapstick, buddy-cop style, in Of Siege and Sword, by Tyner Gillies
“Straight-up funny!” – ND
- The award winning short story, Glass Curtain, by Susan Pieters
“Just re-read [Glass Curtain]. I enjoyed it even more the second time through. The narrator’s voice is almost painfully honest, vulnerable, inviting the reader in. And there is this strong tide of yearning. Like an undertow. Very well done.” – S. Stopforth
- The Mechanics, a cautionary tale by talented cartoonist Angela Melick.
- Epic Fantasy and base sibling rivalry in Allaigna’s Song by JM Landels
“Love [this] fantasy, so atmospheric” – CC Humphreys
- Exquisite cover art by Melissa Mary Duncan!
Preview the Kindle version here: