All right, this is the uber mega reward. For the true art lover who wants to be a patron of the arts by supporting Something Novel on Kickstarter at the $1000 level, you score a beautiful piece of original art by Mel Anastasiou.
Only 1 available!
Two for Joy, by Mel Anastasiou.
“To complete a composition of this size, with a fair amount of complexity, and smile while I work on it late into the night … the secret is to love every tiny line.”
– Mel Anastasiou
This signed16″ x 24″ pen and ink composition is drawn on high-quality acid-free paper and is suitable for framing. Plus the lucky backer who pledges for this reward will get all the perks of the Collector’s Delight and a thank-you card from Mel. That includes
- All 12 print back issues of Pulp Literature plus a 1-year print subcription.
- Stella Ryman and the Fairmount Manor Mysteries by Mel Anastasiou
- Allaigna’s Song: Overture by JM Landels
- The Writer’s Boon Companion by Mel Anastasiou
- A complete collection of printable notecards from Mel
- The option to swap the Art Lover’s Delight for the Collector’s Delight and have a portrait drawn by Mel.
There’s only one reward at this level, but here’s where to get other great rewards: Kickstarter’s Pulp Literature Press, Something Novel.
This is huge support for Pulp Literature Press. $1000.00 covers a quarter of printing and distribution costs for our first two novels, and lets us get the ball rolling for this brand new publishing house.
What does the funding go towards?
The funds we raise through this Kickstarter campaign will pay for creative costs, production, marketing, and distribution to deliver Stella Ryman & The Fairmount Manor Mysteries and Allaigna’s Song: Overture into your hands.
- Creative Costs: These include hiring a graphic designer, copy-editor, and proofreader for each book, plus the cost of new cover paintings for Allaigna and Stella by Melissa Mary Duncan and Kris Sayer. Mel and Jen have contributed their texts at no cost to the project and will only get paid through royalties.
- Printing & Distribution: Books for the Canadian market will be printed locally at First Choice Books in Victoria BC, while international markets will be served by local print-on-demand services to reduce both shipping times and our carbon footprint.
- Reward Fulfillment: This includes costs of rewards outside printing and distribution of the novels.
- Marketing: We have allotted $1000 per book for marketing both during the campaign and afterwards to make sure these novels reach the eyes of readers like you around the world.
- Kickstarter Fees: 3-5% of the funds go to credit card processing fees, and 5% of the money raised stays with Kickstarter to support the platform and make crowdfunding like this possible.