It was not an easy cut to make, but we are pleased to announce the shortlist for the 2016 Raven Short Story Contest!
- ‘Flotsam’ by Mike Twist
- ‘Handling the Contents of Consciousness’ by Soramimi Hanarejima
- ‘Invisible’ by Kat McNichol
- ‘Ninth Life’ by Lisa Voisin
- ‘Pruinessence’ by Claire Lawrence
- ‘Right Wrist or Left?’ by Nancy Christie
- ‘Swimming’ by Jerico Espinas
- ‘Tarts’ by Judyth Emanuel
- ‘The Handler’ by Pat Flewwelling
- ‘The Pool Guy’ by Adam Golub
- ‘Things You Should Know About Ravens’ by David Thompson
- ‘When We Played House’ by Charlene Kwiatkowski
Congratulations to all these authors who made the shortlist. These were hard choices to make, and all these stories have very different qualities that make them prize-winning candidates. We will keep you in suspense till Tuesday when we will announce judge Brenda Carre’s ultimate choices.
While you wait, may we suggest a reading of last year’s winners, ‘Black Blizzard’ by Emily Linstrom and ‘The Lament for iCarus’ by PE Bolivar in Pulp Literature Issue 10? You can even get the issue immediately and pay later by pledging at the $5 level on our Something Novel Kickstarter page.