Next up in the Proust Questionnaire lineup is Kris Sayer’s Tatterhood, the goat riding, spoon wielding, exterminator-for-hire first seen in Pulp Literature Issue 2, and more recently in her own eponymous graphic novel.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Meat on the table, mead in my mug, a ship on the waters and an unexplored land, ya?
- What is your greatest fear? I am terrified over the thought of somethin’ bad happening to my sister.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Alright, sometimes my temper may get the better of me and I may overreact to situations…so I guess I don’t like how I’m a little too brash at times.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? I hate how people can be so rude, and assumptive.
- On what occasion do you lie? Whenever I find myself in a tight situation. Or if I’m in a negotiating situation. Or sometimes a personal situation. But it’s not really lying. I only tell what needs to be told.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance? What’s not to love?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Ya”. And I probably grunt more than I’d like – that’ll be the trolls influencin’ me.
- When and where were you happiest? Everyone keeps saying how I was just so happy when I was born. Then again, everyone says I was just so ugly too.
- Which talent would you most like to have? Aw, I’d give anything to know how to use a sword!
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? I took down a Hrímþursar once by myself when I was in Ísland. Barely survived.
- What is your most treasured possession? He’s going to hate me for saying this, but it’s Bokki. He may protest and proclaim his independence, but hey, he’s my goat.
- What is your most marked characteristic? My loud, undaunted spirit that craves adventure!
- Who are your favourite writers? Writers? No idea. But I’m a big fan of Gunnlaugr Ormstunga.
- What is your greatest regret? I really don’t want to talk about it. It got me banished from Nóregr for a while, let’s leave it at that.
- How would you like to die? With blood on my hands and my weapon in the heart of the beast that slayed me. Ya.
- What is your motto? Don’t trust trolls. Don’t trust men.
- What is something we’d never glean about you from Tatterhood? Tatterhood, Totra, Bergljót, Kona, Raggi, Sponhild – these titles and many more I am known and called by … but no-one knows my real name!
You can read more of Tatterhood in Kris Sayer’s graphic novels, available from Weald Comics. The 5-page horror comic ‘Bait’ by Kris will be appearing in Issue 5 of Pulp Literature, followed by ‘Bite’ in issue 6.
If you fancy your portrait drawn by this talented costumer, artist and swordfighter, check out the reward on our Kickstarter page. Hurry, only 6 of these colour portraits are available!