With twenty-four fabulous back issues, one to mark each day of Advent, we hope to share with you the joy and magic of the season. When you purchase an issue on its corresponding day on our Advent Calendar, not only will you be collecting great literature, but you will also receive a special gift.
This carefully crafted issue is brought to you by the letter C …
- Climb up a GMO fairytale of the future, in George McWhirter’s feature story, ‘Stalk’.
- Crawl painfully across the pub floor in the opening novella of contributing editor Mel Anastasiou’s time-travelling mystery series, The Seven Swans.
- Collapse into the dentist’s chair at your own risk in ‘Aliens in Your Teeth’ by Matt Andrew.
- Contemplate the ways of winter in poetry by Ashley-Elizabeth Best and Mary H Auerbach Rykov.
- Cork your emotions in ‘Space Tears Can Hurt’by Greg Walklin.
- Clasp your drink in ‘Take this Cup’ by contributing editor Susan Pieters.
- Classify a new species in ‘Hot House Flower’ by Stephanie Charette.
- Conclude an eternal argument in our graphic story, ‘Forbidden Fruit’ by Anat Rabkin.
- Congratulate our Hummingbird Prize winners Cristina Crocker Escribano and Jennica Broom for their stories, ‘The Last Neanderthals’ and ‘Dream Home’.
- Finally, collect your sword in the next instalment of Allaigna’s Song: Overture by our own JM Landels.
If you’d like to take the element of chance out of the equation, sign up for our daily email where we will crack open each window early. We’ll give you a heads-up on the day’s bonus before you buy, along with an inspirational quote from Your Writing Muse.
And if fear of missing out has you worried, we have a super offer for you: buy our complete six-year collection in print or digital form at any point during the 24 days before Christmas, and you’ll receive all the bonus gifts!
As we begin this holiday season and our look back at the great issues of the past, I feel the same suspense I did as a child, knowing that with each day comes the treasure of the season’s familiar comforts and of the unexpected surprises along the way.