With twenty-four fabulous back issues, one to mark each day of Advent, we hope to share with you the joy and magic of the season. When you purchase an issue on its corresponding day on our Advent Calendar, not only will you be collecting great literature, but you will also receive a special gift.
Today is the twenty-third day of Advent, and the issue that holds the secret prize is Issue 23, Summer 2019
Greetings, our spectacular cover painting by Akem welcomes you into Issue 23, where …
- Featured author Kelly Robson shows us that wine making is a labour of love, and sometimes hate, in ‘Good for Grapes’.
- Matthew Hughes’s magnum opus, What the Wind Brings, debuts aboard the Spanish galleon La Virgen, with an epic struggle brewing on the horizon.
- Stella Ryman is ready for new adventures in Stella Ryman and the Locked Room Mystery by Mel Anastasiou, while Allaigna must make hasty goodbyes in the final chapter of Allaigna’s Song: Aria by JM Landels.
- It’s a dog-eat-dog world — or wolf-eat-dog world — in Christian Walter’s ‘Wolf, Dog, Sun’, and Zoë Johnson reminds us to take stock of everyday miracles in ‘Inherited Love of Unexplainable Things’.
- Take a draught of heady poetry from Casey Reiland, Raluca Balasa, and Alison Braid.
- Lena Mahmoud breathes new life into an old Arabian folk tale with ‘The Thieving Pot’, and Josephine Greenland dissects a Thai myth in the Bumblebee Contest winner, ‘Wife Giver’.
- Deborah Davitt’s protagonists hold out for as long as they can in ‘On the Sixth Day’.
- Come and get the good stuff in Susan Pieters’s ‘Black Market’, and see the dark(er) side of the financial district in Lola Street’s ‘Wall Street at Night’ illustrated by Chaille Stovall.
- We have the two runners-up of the Surrey International Writers’ Conference Storyteller Contest in this issue: ‘Biophilia’ shows us there’s hope in Margot Spronk’s post-apocalyptic world, but not necessarily for humans; while Deepthi Atukorala takes us down an emotional rabbit hole with ‘White Rabbit’.
If you’d like to take the element of chance out of the equation, sign up for our daily email where we will crack open each window early. We’ll give you a heads-up on the day’s bonus before you buy, along with an inspirational quote from Your Writing Muse.
And if fear of missing out has you worried, we have a super offer for you: buy our complete six-year collection in print or digital form at any point during the 24 days before Christmas, and you’ll receive all the bonus gifts!