Join us to launch this issue along with our first novel, Stella Ryman and the Fairmount Manor Mysteries on April 3rd at Steamworks! RSVP here.
Planes, trains, automobiles, and mechanical bears carry us away this issue!
- Bestselling author, actor, and swordsman CC Humphreys sets two strangers on a train ride in ‘The Ankle Bracelet’.
- Colin Thornton’s ‘Candy Apple Baby’ spins us out of control on the road.
- Poetry from Ian Haight’s ‘Detroit’ takes us to the gritty streets of motor city.
- Joseph Stilwell’s and Hugh Henderson’s graphic novel Blue Skies Over Nine Isles, soars to an intriguing post-post-apocalyptic future.
- The protagonist of ‘Robin Hood’ by Susan Pieters takes a road she hadn’t planned to travel.
- We’re stalked by two very different bears, in Greg Brown’s ‘Bear’ and William Charles Brock’s ‘Jonathan S Primrose Gets Eaten by a Bear’.
- David Clink’s ‘Birdcage’ takes a suburban trip to the final destination.
- There are two contest winners this issue. Our Raven Short Story Contest champion Pat Flewwelling’s ‘The Handler’ is a superhero tale that doesn’t put a foot — or wing — wrong; and the winner of the Surrey International Writers’ Conference’s Storyteller’s Award, Claire Gregory, tells a poignant tale of heartbreak and betrayal from the beginning of the last century in ‘Forget Me Not’.
- Stella Ryman is back with more amateur sleuthing and righteous red-tape slashing in The Case of the Fallen Crusader.
- And with the second instalment of Allaigna’s Song: Aria, our heroine wields magic and a hero’s conscience as she gets farther and farther from home
Issue 14, Spring 2017
Between now and April 3rd we have our Beer Bundles available for pre-order. Buy this issue plus Stella Ryman and the Fairmount Manor Mysteries for $30 and you’ll get a free drink ticket at our launch on April 3rd!
Beer Bundle #1 – The Radler
A digital subscription to Pulp Literature , the ebook version of Stella Ryman and the Fairmount Manor Mysteries, plus a free drink ticket at our launch party. $25
Beer Bundle #2 – The Skyhigh IPA
Pulp Literature Issue 14, featuring stories from CC Humphries, Greg Brown, Pat Flewelling and more, the beautiful hot-off-the-press print version of Stella Ryman, plus a free drink ticket at the launch. $30
Beer Bundle #3 – The Dunkelweizen
The deepest darkest savings! A one-year print subscription to Pulp Literature, the print version of Stella Ryman, plus a free drink ticket at the launch. All for the cost of a regular print subscription. $50
You can also buy these bundles at the Creative Ink Festival this weekend if you come and visit us at our sponsor table.
Stella may be a devout tea-drinker, but she’s no teetotaller. Join her — and us — at Steamworks for literature and libations.
Pulp Literature Double Launch
Monday 3 April 2017, 7 – 10pm
Steamworks Brew Pub
375 Water St, Vancouver BC