With twenty-four fabulous back issues, one to mark each day of Advent, we hope to share with you the joy and magic of the season. When you purchase an issue on its corresponding day on our Advent Calendar, not only will you be collecting great literature, but you will also receive a special gift.
- Let our Raven Cover Story Contest winner Krista Wallace launch you into our first adventure of the spring, with ‘The Inner Light’, a chilling tale of the theatre, and the sacrifices made for art. Then hold your breath while runner-up Anna Belkine takes you beyond the great blue in ‘The Ravens’.
- For a collection of sweet, savoury, and surprising tastes along the way, lift the lid on a basket of flash fiction by the devastatingly succinct Bob Thurber.
- Meet two women you don’t want to mess with: the seemingly normal and unassuming Jane from Laura Kostur’s ‘Super’, and the entrancing subject of ‘The Naked Woman’ by Theric Jepson.
- Poetry and poetic short fiction by Kate Austin and Tobi Cogswell show us which relationships to hold on to and which to let go on the journey through life.
- ‘Channel W’ with Sue Pieters takes you to a future that’s not what it seems to be.
- Warm your heart at ‘The Love Offices’ by Kirsty Favell; and step into another world with FJ Bergmann’s ‘Opening Doors’.
- Two mini horror stories will drag you out of your comfort zone: Ev Bishop’s ‘Not All Magic is Nice’, and ‘Bite’, another five-page comic by regular contributor Kris Sayer.
- In the next verses of Allaigna’s Song by JM Landels, journey with our heroine from the comfort of home into her new life as an anonymous page at the fascinating and intimidating Bastion of Rheran.
If you’d like to take the element of chance out of the equation, sign up for our daily email where we will crack open each window early. We’ll give you a heads-up on the day’s bonus before you buy, along with an inspirational quote from Your Writing Muse.
And if fear of missing out has you worried, we have a super offer for you: buy our complete six-year collection in print or digital form at any point during the 24 days before Christmas, and you’ll receive all the bonus gifts!
As we begin this holiday season and our look back at the great issues of the past, I feel the same suspense I did as a child, knowing that with each day comes the treasure of the season’s familiar comforts and of the unexpected surprises along the way.