Almost all the windows on our Advent Calendar have been opened, but there are still a few choice prizes to find. When you purchase an issue on its corresponding day on our Advent Calendar, not only will you be collecting great literature, but you will also receive a special gift.
Today is the twentieth day of Advent, and the issue that holds the secret prize is Issue 20, Autumn 2018
Dare to venture behind the intriguing cover by award-winning British artist Ben Baldwin and you’ll find that …
- Feature author, Kristene Perron, asks us to savour the simple things in life and question the validity of tradition in ‘Flavour of the Forsaken’.
- Those of you who admire magpies for their intelligence and unique beauty will find these qualities in this year’s winners of the Magpie Award for Poetry, Kelli Allen, Christine Levickzy Riek, and Angela Caravan.
- Great-Great-Grandpa stops by for a visit 90 years after his death in ‘Away Game’ by Mitchell Toews, and for some reason, we’re not at all surprised.
- ‘Gross Motor’ by Sara Mang takes us back to kindergarten, while the hardworking folks in Mitchell’s Crossing contend with a nosy superhero and government officials in ‘Small Town Superhero’ by Dave Beynon.
- Epiphany Ferrell exposes the dubious talents of a ne’er-do-well townsman in ‘Every Town Has One’, and Susan Pieters challenges us to walk in someone else’s shoes with ‘Waking Up Black’.
- Love jewellery? We doubt you’ll want one of the bracelets in Summer Jewel Keown’s ‘Indebted’.
- Alex Reece Abbott lands quick punches you won’t flinch from with ‘Alphabet Soup’, while coffee lovers and dreamers beware of ‘The Hub’, SiWC’s Honourable Mention by Erin Evans.
- Mel Anastasiou’s graphic story ‘Meat’ involves a gargoyle who rises above his station, while the next instalment of Allaigna’s Song: Aria by JM Landels takes us deeper into unknown territory.
If you’d like to take the element of chance out of the equation, sign up for our daily email where we will crack open each window early. We’ll give you a heads-up on the day’s bonus before you buy, along with an inspirational quote from Your Writing Muse.
And if fear of missing out has you worried, we have a super offer for you: buy our complete six-year collection in print or digital form at any point during the 24 days before Christmas, and you’ll receive all the bonus gifts!