Issue 9, Winter 2016 (digital)
A GMO future fairytale by George McWhirter, time-travelling mystery by Mel Anastasiou, spec-fic, horror and steampunk by Greg Walklin, Matt Andrew and Stephanie Charette, winter poetry by Ashley-Elizabeth Best and Mary H Auerbach Rykov, comic-book philosophy by Anat Rabkin, the next instalment of Allaigna’s Song by JM Landels, and the winners of the 2015 Hummingbird Prize for Flash Fiction.
28 in stock
This carefully crafted issue is brought to you by the letter C …
- Climb up a GMO fairytale of the future, in George McWhirter’s feature story, ‘Stalk’.
- Crawl painfully across the pub floor in the opening novella of contributing editor Mel Anastasiou’s time-travelling mystery series, The Seven Swans.
- Collapse into the dentist’s chair at your own risk in ‘Aliens in Your Teeth’ by Matt Andrew.
- Contemplate the ways of winter in poetry by Ashley-Elizabeth Best and Mary H Auerbach Rykov.
- Cork your emotions in ‘Space Tears Can Hurt’ by Greg Walklin.
- Clasp your drink in ‘Take this Cup’ by contributing editor Susan Pieters.
- Classify a new species in ‘Hot House Flower’ by Stephanie Charette.
- Conclude an eternal argument in our graphic story, ‘Forbidden Fruit’ by Anat Rabkin.
- Congratulate our Hummingbird Prize winners Cristina Crocker Escribano and Jennica Broom for their stories, ‘The Last Neanderthals’ and ‘Dream Home’.
- Finally, collect your sword in the next instalment of Allaigna’s Song: Overture by our own JM Landels.
Kindle preview (best viewed fullscreen)