Whew! That was one fabulous book launch, and so many people to thank:
- Academie Duello, for the venue and swordfighting
- R&B Brewery, for great beer
- CC Humphreys, Kimberleigh Roseblade & JJ Lee, for wonderful prose & poetry readings
- Tyner Gillies, Kris Sayer, Christine Brant & Bev Boissery, for filling out our sales & signing tables with a cornucopia of great reads and awesome art.
- The Academie Duello Performance Team, for dying for our entertainment
- The Fabulous Ringtones, for keeping us hopping with terrific tunes
- Our super volunteers, Amber, Anna, Ian, Chris, Rosie, Sophia, Lizzie, Brandi, Andre, Yan, Kimmie, Luke, Terri, Brad and Santa.
- Vancouver Blues Cafe, for melding seamlessly with our event and keeping us dancing till the wee hours.
- Nicky Dexter, for mistletoe, photos, and saving our hair by pulling much of her own out.
- EVERYONE who braved the snow and made this thing a PARTY!
- And last, but definitely not least, Wonder Woman, aka Laura Kostur, who pulled everything together despite being visited by at least two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Laura, we are forever in your debt!
For those who couldn’t make it, we missed you! Your print books have been mailed, and links for the digital editions have been sent out. The three of us are going to curl up with eggnog and rumballs and leisurely peruse the submissions inbox now. I’m sure there will be photos of the launch turning up on social media soon, but in the meantime, we leave you with this:
xox Jen, Sue & Mel