Planes, trains, automobiles, and mechanical bears carry us away this issue!
- Bestselling author, actor, and swordsman CC Humphreys sets two strangers on a train ride in ‘The Ankle Bracelet’.
- Colin Thornton’s ‘Candy Apple Baby’ spins us out of control on the road.
- Poetry from Ian Haight’s ‘Detroit’ takes us to the gritty streets of motor city.
- Joseph Stilwell’s and Hugh Henderson’s graphic novel Blue Skies Over Nine Isles, soars to an intriguing post-post-apocalyptic future.
- The protagonist of ‘Robin Hood’ by Susan Pieters takes a road she hadn’t planned to travel.
- We’re stalked by two very different bears, in Greg Brown’s ‘Bear’ and William Charles Brock’s ‘Jonathan S Primrose Gets Eaten by a Bear’.
- David Clink’s ‘Birdcage’ takes a suburban trip to the final destination.
- There are two contest winners this issue. Our Raven Short Story Contest champion Pat Flewwelling’s ‘The Handler’ is a superhero tale that doesn’t put a foot — or wing — wrong; and the winner of the Surrey International Writers’ Conference’s Storyteller’s Award, Claire Gregory, tells a poignant tale of heartbreak and betrayal from the beginning of the last century in ‘Forget Me Not’.
- Stella Ryman is back with more amateur sleuthing and righteous red-tape slashing in The Case of the Fallen Crusader.
- And with the second instalment of Allaigna’s Song: Aria, our heroine wields magic and a hero’s conscience as she gets farther and farther from home
Pre-order and save!
Issue 14, Spring 2017