Our second Proust Questionnaire response comes from Uncle Sid, whom we met in Ace Baker’s Magpie Award Winning Poem, ‘Big Red Schoolhouse’. You can find the poem in Pulp Literature Issue 4, Autumn 2014.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? A little red tractor comin’ home at sunset.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Callin’ a spade a spade.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Not callin’ a spade a spade.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance? Mah missin’ digit—can’t give people the finger with that hand!
- What is your most treasured possession? A loop of rope.
- How would you like to die? With mah cowboy boots on.
- What is your motto? “Early to bed, early to rise; men in the fields and wimmin makin’ pies.”
ACE BAKER has won the Magpie Poetry Award, the PNWA Poetry Prize, the SIWC Poetry Contest, and the Storyteller Award for Short Fiction. He maintains a website at www.fighttowrite.com and may be followed @writeracebakerYou can order Issue 4 containing ‘Big Red Schoolhouse’ as well as Ace’s award-winning short story ‘Victory Girl’ for $5 as an ebook or $15 in print (quantities limited) as well as full subscriptions and other backer rewards on our Kickstarter page: